ITB Marketing & Distribution Day
March 5, 2020
10:45 - 17:45
CityCube Berlin, Auditorium A4/A5
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:45
- The future of the global travel industry.
- Evolving consumer expectations.
- How Sabre is creating the new marketplace for personalized travel.
- Opportunities through intelligent retailing and new distribution channels.
12:00 - 12:45
- TUI’s CEO has been orchestrating a major pivot for years.
- The transformation saw this legacy tour operator become a deeply vertically integrated travel business with significant assets in multiple supplier categories.
- In the wake of Thomas Cook’s demise, a new wave of opportunities and challenges now require a renewed emphasis.
- Back for a second year at ITB, Fritz Joussen and Philip Wolf’s conversation on stage should not be missed.
13:00 - 13:45
14:00 - 14:45
- Amazon’s accomplishments as a next-generation retailer are unprecedented.
- This growth trajectory has also resulted in the creation of enormous digital and infrastructure assets, most notably Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- David Peller — formerly with Google and Booking.com — leads global teams across the Travel, Hospitality, Transportation and Logistics Industries.
- His insight and experience will make this session a conference highlight.
15:00 - 15:45
- Latest results from the new global Travelzoo/ITB study
- Customer attitudes on sustainability and climate protection
- Importance of sustainability and climate protection in luxury travel
- Customer readiness for limiting trips, price increases and changes in travel.
16:00 - 16:45
- Strategies and trends in the global hotel business.
- The hotel product of the future and the role of the mega trend sustainability.
- What does the hotel guest of tomorrow expect? How can competitive advantages be achieved?
- Where is the luxury segment heading?
- Luxury and sustainability: contradictions or a mandatory prerequisite in tomorrow´s luxury hotel industry?
17:00 - 17:45
- A change in the understanding of luxury: from owning luxury items to luxury experiences to sensual luxury.
- Current study results: 7 trends shaping the global luxury segment.
- Change in the demands of top-end customers.
- Learning from others: How do classic luxury providers in other sectors position themselves?
- What does the change in the understanding of luxury mean for tourism destinations, hotels and travel distribution?
- Outlook: How will luxury behavior develop in the coming years?