ITB CSR Day
March 6, 2020
10:45 - 14:45
CityCube Berlin, Auditorium A1
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:45
- A hot summer and concerning climate reports: To continue on will lead into the abyss.
- How can we still prevent the climate emergency?
- Which measures to contain global warming and climate change are effective?
- Which policy measures are unavoidable and to be expected?
- To what extent is the global tourism industry affected?
- Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, the world´s leading climate researcher, explains the status quo and the need for action.
- Goals and objectives of the Fridays for Future movement.
- What should happen in tourism?
- Can we still travel as we are used to?
- What do tourism providers like airlines do and is that enough?
- The positions of Fridays for Future and tourism providers: Are they irreconcilable or can compromises be found?
13:00 - 13:45
- Can we still continue to travel in the wake of climate change?
- What would be the consequences of not traveling?
- Is carbon offsetting the solution?
- Which SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) can tourism contribute to?
- What responsibilities do tour operators have?
- Is greed really good when it comes to traveling?
14:00 - 14:45