ITB CSR Day
March 6, 2020
10:45 - 14:45
CityCube Berlin, Hall A1
Potential and best practice examples of sustainable tourism.
Prof. Dr. Willy Legrand, Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management, IUBH International University
- A hot summer and concerning climate reports: To continue on will lead into the abyss.
- How can we still prevent the climate emergency?
- Which measures to contain global warming and climate change are effective?
- Which policy measures are unavoidable and to be expected?
- To what extent is the global tourism industry affected?
- Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, the world´s leading climate researcher, explains the status quo and the need for action.
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, Director Emeritus, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
- Goals and objectives of the Fridays for Future movement.
- What should happen in tourism?
- Can we still travel as we are used to?
- What do tourism providers like airlines do and is that enough?
- The positions of Fridays for Future and tourism providers: Are they irreconcilable or can compromises be found?
Prof. Dr. Roland Conrady, Scientific Director, ITB Berlin Convention, Worms University of Applied Sciences
Eike Otto, Consultant for Tourism and Regional Development, sustainable-tourism.com
- Sustainability in the triangle of ecology, economy and social responsibility
- Can we still continue to travel in the wake of climate change?
- What would be the consequences of not traveling?
- Is carbon offsetting the solution?
- Which SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) can tourism contribute to?
- What responsibilities do tour operators have?
- Is greed really good when it comes to traveling?
Dinah Deckstein, Journalist, Der Spiegel