ITB Destination Day
March 6, 2020
10:45 - 17:45
CityCube Berlin, Hall A4/A5
Strategies and best practice examples of key tourism regions; recommendations for optimized destination management.
Fenja Weberskirch, Consultant, Dr. Fried & Partner
- Standardized mass products: increasingly banal and interchangeable.
- Expectations of the modern customer: tailored travel offers, enriching experiences, personal experiences.
- Success factors: innovative technologies, intelligent use of customer data, deep customer insights.
- Best practices for unique travel experiences and relevant travel offers.
- In the future: Will the destination still play a role or will experiences dominate the travel decision?
- Chinese Social Media and their influence on the travel industry.
- How to promote destinations on Wechat, Weibo, IQIYI, Tik Tok (Douyin) and others.
- The big shift from search advertising to content advertising and influencer marketing.
Richard Matuzevich, Senior Manager, Liaison Department, World Tourism Cities Federation WTCF
Tian Li, Culture and Travel Producer & Editor in Chief, iQIYI Travel
Dr. Fang Meng, WTCF Expert & Associate Professor, School of Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management, University of South Carolina
Strengthening the contribution toward sustainable tourism development - in cooperation with Official Partner Country ITB Berlin 2020 Oman
- Strong and mutually beneficial inter-relations between culture/heritage and tourism.
- Innovations in cultural heritage tourism.
- Overcoming challenges like the sustainable management of cultural heritage tourism products.
- Preparing cultural heritage tourism products for a mixed audience.
- Creating enjoyable and educating cultural tourism experiences.
- Through Instagram and Facebook dynamic experiences that engage with travelers can be created.
- Photos and videos are used to tell the visual story of a destination.
- Social advertising platforms add context to images through Instagram Stories, video, or geo-tagging locations.
- Travelers are provided with a more unique, inspirational experience as they dream.
- Learn how to drive engagement and how to turn this inspiration into bookings.
- What role do Influencers play?
Introductory presentation & Moderation:
Stephen Dutton, Senior Research Analyst, Euromonitor
- How can creative tourism help solve externalities of the tourism industry, as well as create a value chain for the territories?
- Practical cases from destinations around the world will highlight the role of creative tourism in enhancing unseasonality, intangible heritage recovery, community empowerment, social cohesion, resilience and economic growth, among other areas.
- A session to feel inspired!
Couret Caroline, Director & Founder, CreativeTourismNetwork®