ITB Deep Dive Sessions 1
Deep Dive Sessions
March 4, 2020
11:00 - 17:45
CityCube Berlin, Cube Club
Intensive professional exchange with experts in small groups.
Prof. Dr. Anna Klein, IUBH University of Applied Sciences Munich, Vice President, DGT e.V.
- The 4th Mekong Tourism Forum at ITB Berlin focuses on Visual Storytelling and Film Tourism, bringing the highlights of the recent Asia Destination Film Forum in Bangkok to ITB Berlin.
- Today, tourists are more experienced and are looking for new destinations and new experiences.
- Numerous films have inspired millions to visit destinations. Especially in recent years, there has been a growing phenomenon that tourists visit destinations featured in films and user-generated social media video clips.
- Learn how to celebrate sustainable tourism promotion and marketing via inspiring visual storytelling.
Daniela Wagner, Director for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
Rob Holmes, Founder & Chief Strategist, GLP Films
Nick Ray, Author, Lonely Planet, Producer & Director, Hanuman Films Cambodia
Jens Thraenhart, Executive Director, Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office
- Saudi Arabia’s tourism offering and growth strategy
- The opportunity – for businesses, for tourists, for Saudis
- Inclusive growth – building tourism ecosystems that empower communities
- The role of international partners such as Lonely Planet
Andreas Stopp, Head of Journals and Media / Travel, Deutschlandfunk (German Radio)
- How to capture travelers´ attention.
- Find out what makes videos on YouTube stand out and how they are different from traditional TV content.
- In this masterclass, we´ll share the latest insights and best practices on how to create successful content for YouTube, home to over 2 billion monthly logged-in people.
Julika Gohla, Video Lead Creative, Google
- Impact Tourism is a community based travel experience where the traveler gets to experience the rich culture and heritage of a region in addition to positively contributing to the development of the host communities, thereby leaving behind a legacy of their journey.
- This form of tourism creates new destinations for the lesser known regions of the earth, bringing direct economic benefits through the travelers visiting the area.
Jaideep Bansal, Chief Operating Officer, Global Himalayan Expedition
Soity Banerjee, Project Editor, Outlook Responsible Tourism Initiative
Please note: This session is in German!
Prof. Dr. Harald Pechlaner, Chair of Tourism, Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, AIEST (International Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism)
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Schmude, Professor for Economic Geography and Tourism Research, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, President, DGT e.V.
Dr. Julia Offe, Scienceslam.de
J. Christian Benninghaus, Teacher, Gymnasium Marienthal, Energy Consulting Teacher, Landesinstitut Hamburg
Andreas Kötter, Advanced Business Manager T&I, Altran Germany
Kathrin Viergutz, Traffic Engineer & Research Assistant at the Institute of Transportation Systems Technology, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
-In Cooperation with Statista-
- Digital Tourism: Status Quo and Trends
- Customer wishes for tailor-made offers and individual approach.
- Best practice examples in tourism and secrets of success of pioneers.
- What can the travel industry learn from others: Retail - Millennials Shopping Behavior.
Claudia Cramer, Director Market Research, Statista Research & Analysis, Statista GmbH