ITB Virtual Reality Lab Day 2
March 5, 2020
10:00 - 17:45
ITB VR Lab / Hall 10.2 / Booth 108
The ITB Virtual Reality Lab in hall 10.2 is the platform for providers and users of virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications in the fields of Tourism and Marketing and gives an insight into the latest technologies, projects and trends.
The ITB Virtual Reality Lab in Hall 10.2 (booth 108) is the platform for providers and users of “Virtual Reality” and “Augmented Reality” applications for tourism and marketing. Interested parties can gain insights into current and future technologies in the form of best-practice examples and case studies. At the exhibition counters or in the Networking Area you can exchange information on trends and developments in the tourism industry with experts, exhibitors or other trade visitors.
- VR-based time travel as a new gateway to the past of cities and regions
- Historical venues and environments are digitalised and can be experienced emotionally by means of VR in combination with multi-sensory feedback elements
- TimeRide as the world’s first business case of a VR major attraction in the culture and leisure sector
Dr. Fabian Hedderich, COO, TimeRide
- How powerful e-learning technology motivates travel employees through learning and engagement.
- Showcasing 360 real-life scenarios and situations.
- Fulfilling sustainablity goals in a cost-effectivite way
Daniel Wishnia, Chief Digital Transformation Officer, Aroundtown SA
- Rapidly Changing Customer Behavior as a Game Changer
- Virtual Reality in Sustainable Destination Management
- Key Elements of Virtual Reality – Elevated Experiences, Accessibility, Empathy and Equality
- Overtourism suffocates historical centers of popular European cities.
- The situation is getting worse every year as more people travel and most of them Google out the same top 10 places to visit. Mayors and DMOs are desperate and even consider restricting access.
- Fortunately, technology can help. Personalization based on big data analysis and AI recommends different top places to visit for every tourist based on their interests. Engaging content enriched by AR experiences makes places outside of the city center appealing for tourists to explore. Guiding tourists smartly can reduce overtourism by 30% while improving satisfaction.
Jan Dolezal, CEO, SmartGuide