Plastic-Free Holidays – But How? The Deep Dive Into Practice In Hotels And On Cruise Ships
Deep Dive Sessions
March 5, 2020
17:00 - 17:45
CityCube Berlin, Cube Club
-in Cooperation with Futouris-
- The awareness of the problem of marine pollution from plastic waste has reached the tourism industry.
- In Futouris´ current industry project, member companies, the Balearic government and local partners are working together to reduce plastic waste in tourism.
- How do processes need to be changed so that less waste is generated and not just shifted from plastic to other materials?
- Are alternative solutions for the currently used disposable plastic products really more sustainable?
- How can employees and guests be actively involved in the programs to motivate them to make their own contribution?
Introductory presentation & Moderation:
Prof. Dr. Harald Zeiss, Chairman of the Executive Board, Futouris
Mike Brauner, Senior Manager Sustainability, TUI Group
Jo Hendrickx, Founder & CEO, Travel Without Plastic
Hansjörg Kunze, Vice President Communication & Sustainability, AIDA Cruises
Karina O’Gorman, Head of CR EMEAA, InterContinental Hotels Group