ITB Ministers’ Roundtable: Sustainable Destination Best Practices
March 4, 2020
17:00 - 17:45
CityCube Berlin, Hall A1
-In Cooperation with MC Group-
- Neglecting sustainability destroys the environment and culture, the local population revolts and tourists become discouraged.
- Sustainability: the most important principle of destination planning.
- Today: considerable differences in sustainability efforts.
- Best practice countries explain their formulas for success.
- Which policy measures can be used to achieve progress in sustainability and which measures are unsuccessful?
- What economic successes do sustainability advances bring? What are the most difficult hurdles?
Sasha Vakulina, Business Editor, Euronews
H.E. Khalid Jassim Al Midfa, Chairman, Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority (SCTDA)
Hon. Didier Dogley, Minister of Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports & Marine, Seychelles
Dr. Dirk Glaesser, Director Sustainable Development of Tourism, World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
Hon. Þórdís Kolbrún R. Gylfadóttir, Minister of Tourism, Industry and Innovation, Iceland
Hon. Mmamoloko Nkhensani Kubayi-Ngubane, Minister of Tourism, South Africa
Hon. Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State for Tourism, India
Hon. Savvas Perdios, Minister of Tourism, Cyprus
Hon. Maria Amalia Revelo Raventós, Minister of Tourism, Costa Rica
H.E. Ahmad bin Aqil al-Khatib, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage