The art of engaging and sustaining authentic indigenous experiences : Indigenous Tourism and Sustainability
March 4, 2020
14:00 - 15:00
Palais am Funkturm, ITB Convention Awards
- What are the challenges and solutions of indigenous tourism in a context of climate change?
- How international certificates supports the connection between indigenous locals and international tourism with environmental protection?
- Definition and reality of Indigenous Tourism on different continents
- Can the travel industry support biodiversity protection, ecosystem regeneration on Earth thanks to indigenous wisdom?
- Why Indigenous rights are connected to our planet´s protection?
A panel of indigenous experts in tourism will discuss the worldwide reality of indigenous tourism and explore sustainable systems empowering indigenous peoples and finding solutions in a context of climate and biodiversity crisis. The UNWTO Recommendations on Sustainable Development of Indigenous Tourism will serve as a guideline.
Welcoming Cultural Performance:
Odissi – Indian classical dance by Swati Prasad
Rika Jean-Francois, CSR Commissioner, ITB Berlin
Gopinath Parayil, Founder & President, The Blue Yonder
Ben Sherman, Chairman, World Indigenous Tourism Alliance WINTA
Aurélie Debusschère, Europe Agent World Indigenous Tourism Alliance, World Indigenous Tourism Alliance, Native Immersion
Rolando German Collaguazo Proañ, Representative of Yunguilla community in Ecuador, Yungilla community
Asel Ismailova, Director, Kyrgyz Guided Tours LLC
Judy Kepher Gona, Executive Director of Sustainable Travel & Tourism Agenda, STTA Kenya
Jerry Spooner, Director of Department of Tourism, Vanuatu Tourism