eTravel Stage Day 1
March 4, 2020
10:30 - 18:00
Hall 6.1, eTravel Stage
Product news on payment solutions; focus on super apps and chatbots; current insights on digitisation in tourism from Switzerland and Germany. Detailed event descriptions will be available here shortly.
- Personalization in the travel industry (travel types, destinations, etc.)
- Travel recommendations with relevance for users
- Improving user experience through geo-targeting
- Addressing new and returning customers
Markus Fröhlich, Chief Sales Officer (CSO), trbo GmbH
- The hotel or holiday region as a second home. The guest loyalty and continuity is at the top of the agenda for hoteliers and tourism managers.
- The way to a completed booking depends also on the virtuoso handling of customer data. The industry is faced with the challenge of handling personal data in compliance with DSGVO and developing industryspecific customer loyalty programmes.
- Which strategies can companies in the hotel and tourism industry use to sustainably increase the loyalty of their guests via marketing automation?
- The speakers will show how the knowledge from existing data can be used to increase data quality and transform a satisfied guest into a loyal, returning guest through individualized communication
- More than mere data transfer—electronic payment and its benefits
- The potential for Europe: What we can learn from China, the payment leader
- How data can significantly improve your opportunities
Jörg Möller, Executive Vice President Sales Travel & Mobility, Wirecard
- Converting target groups mainly reliant on cash through state-of-the art online payment technology e.g. low income customers; safety conscious customers; students/teens; Visiting friends and relatives
- Best Practices from airlines and travel agencies using the payment technology
Florian Oberle , Director Sales & Business Development, Barzahlen.de / Cash Payment Solutions GmbH
- Learn how you can save time by automating communication
- It’s easy to provide hassle free access to information and recommendations
- Understand how to eliminate guest frustration and improve the online ranking
- Enhance the guest stay by curating a local experience
Alexander Wessels, Executive Director - Partnerships, SABA Hospitality Technology Solutions
- Every day 3 start-ups tell about themselves
- strengths, weaknesses, personal learnings and challenges
- On Stage: Splyt, Stasher and World Around Me
Lisa Kinne, Consultant Digital Aviation & Tourism, Bitkom e.V.
- 220 million Chinese tourists will travel outside China
- How are you going to engage with your Chinese visitors and provide them a unique customer journey?
- Experiences and learnings about how you can connect to your Chinese tourists
- Get inspired on what´s possible with customer journeys within WeChat
Eric Mencke, Regional Director, WeGoEU
- The state of chatbots & voice bots
- good use cases in hospitality and travel today
- outlook on how the technology will further evolve and impact the industry
Olga Heuser, Co-Founder, CEO, DialogShift GmbH
- What is Affiliate Marketing and which partner models are there especially for the travel industry?
- What do you need to consider when working with affiliate partners?
- Practical tips for more direct bookings and best practice examples
Malte Hannig, Supervising Senior Affiliate Manager, xpose360 GmbH
- Overtourism in Switzerland due to influencers?
- Influencer management as a solution
- One central instrument: Switzerland Tourism Influencer Summit
- Findings and lessons learned
Markus Berger, Head of Corporate Communications / Media Spokesperson, Schweiz Tourismus
- Presentation of a survey of 420 tourism organisations, carried out in 2019 in cooperation with the DTV, on the status quo of the implementation of "digitisation" in companies and destinations.
- Insights into the implementation of technology (chatbots, AR, VR, WLAN etc)
- Marketing tools (APPs, social media etc.)
- Processes (AGs, management tools, etc.)
- Obstacles and training needs
Dr. Alexander Schuler, Managing Director, BTE Tourismus- und Regionalberatung Partnerschaftsgesellschaft mbB
- Advantages and disadvantages of a Corporate Startup
- Learnings from two years PiNCAMP powered by ADAC
Uwe Frers, Managing Director, ADAC Camping GmbH
- Study: platformization of tourism in India and the development impacts of travel platform
- Online platforms have become crucial in supporting decisions about travel-worthy destinations, changing the way consumers make travel decisions
- But within the ecosystem, there seem to be highly uneven outcomes for smaller and marginal players who are dependent on platforms
Deepti Bharthur, Senior Research Associate, IT for Change
- The future of tourism has been a network company without an office since the end of 2013.
- Which digital tools are used?
- How do you implement large projects?
- How does this work on a personal level? A concrete best-practice example of New Work with insights behind the scenes.