ITB Medical Conference Day 2
March 5, 2020
11:00 - 15:00
Featured today are the mini niche markets within the medical tourism sector. Consumers are searching for specialized clinics that provide dental treatment, eye care, fertility (IVF), stem cell therapy, hair transplantation, addiction treatment, physical rehabilitation and executive health checkups (diagnostics).
How do consumers find best quality treatments and therapies? How can health insurance become involved here? And how can agencies be assured that clinics, therapeutic spas, health centers and treatment facilities meet international standards?
Today, we have a special look on clinics and agencies. Best practices will give a first hand overview. Specialized clinics with diverse medical areas of expertise in different parts of the world often offers better or cheaper medical treatments. How does funding agencies can be involved here? And what is about the influence of medical agencies and the clinics themselves to influence the market?
- Overview of the Cross Border Health Directive
- What is the position of private hospitals in Europe towards the cross border healthcare directive?
- Some examples about the implementation of the CBHD in the country members of UEHP
- Where do patients travel in order to seek healthcare in Europe?
- What will be the impact of Brexit on CBHD?
Ilaria Giannico, Secretary General, UEHP – European Union of Private Hospitals
- Current trends on Medical clinics for the international market
- Facts & figures about the Polish Medical tourism market
- New channels to acquire patients abroad
- New Medical organizations in the Polish market
- Digital Health
- Compliance risks or and ethical considerations in medical tourism
- Hospital-Facilitator compensation models
- Medical tourism trends in USA, Germany, Turkey and UAE.
Sandeep Vohra, Managing Director, Aglaea Investment
Christian Fadi El-Khouri, Managing Partner, MESC International Patient Service GmbH
Sherif Hassan, MD, CEO, Founder, Tripsetc Travel Company
Emre Ali Kodan, Owner, Baki International Health & Travel Solutions
Ivana Kolar, CEO, Julius Rose
- Services no longer confined to large buildings,but open to the community
Anduena Çela, Executive Director, Gremi Clinic
Nejc Jus, Economic Research Manager, WTTC – World Travel & Tourism Council
- Meet professional medical buyers
- Ask for their recommendations and how to dobusiness on a specific market they operate.
Leila Krešić-Jurić, Managing Director, Partner, HTI Conference
- Solutions for Medical suppliers and Medical buyers by an Italian online platform
Maria Princivalle, Owner, Bookingsmed & World Fine Selection
Anri Kapanadze, Director of International Department, Evex Hospitals
- Breast cancer is the most common female cancer in Europe.
In France specific programs have been developed on the management of women in remission of breast cancer supporting them with a healthy lifestyle, controlling their weight, to prevent a possible recurrence.
Claude-Eugene Bouvier, Secretary General, National Council of Thermal Establishments(CNETh)
- Travel trend "Mindfulness and a healthier lifestyle"
- What are the needs and expectations of guests?
- "Health is the new status symbol" - how hotels and tour operators caterto the demand for the new attitude towards life
- How are tailor-made wellness, spa and health holidays created?
- Experts reveal the current trends in health tourism (panel discussion)
- Outlook for future trends in the area of "Mindful Travel"
Claudia Wagner, Managing Director, Fit Reisen
European Spas Association Innovation Awards stimulates Innovation and Excellence in the Spa Industry that represent “innovation”.
The Award for the Partner of the Year is dedicated to a very special supporter and for somebody how takes care in many different aspects of promoting Innovation and Health Tourism.
- Medical Spa therapy shows a valuable impact on the prevention and management of chronic diseases and major public health issues
- European Spas Association launched the European epidemiological study, which diseases treated by balneology in EU countries
Thierry Dubois, President, ESPA - European Spas Association
Paulo Moreira, Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Healthcare Management
Join our exhibitors for relaxed conversations in the Medical Pavilion Lounge