eTravel Stage Day 2
March 5, 2020
10:30 - 18:00
Hall 6.1, eTravel Stage
Product news from the hospitality tech sector. Furthermore, focus on smart mobility, startups and news on AI & voice marketing. Also examples for TikTok in the marketing mix. Detailed descriptions of all individual events will soon be available here.
- In Travelport’s most comprehensive report ever, the experts look at where mobile travel is going in the next 12 months and how travel agencies can use these insights to shape their travel brand´s 2020 mobile strategy.
- One of the most interesting trends in mobile is the “Super App” – an all-in-one experience in only one app.
- Damiano Sabatino is talking about the Super App, how it will improve the mobile travel experience and what hyperconnected travelers are expecting in future.
Damiano Sabatino, Vice President, Managing Director Account Management Europe, Travelport
- In an ever-evolving digital landscape, today’s hotelier must mine through more data than ever to understand how to activate their data and see a real impact on their business.
- Join us as we share examples of hoteliers who are conquering these problems in both the marketing and revenue management disciplines.
- Think personalization, loyalty, data modeling, gaming, digital personas, middleware, connectivity…all at your fingertips and ready for the taking
- Recognise the macro shift happening within the global hotel industry, from distribution guesswork to deep intelligence
- Learn why informed decision-making is critical to every hotel’s online marketing and sales strategy
- Understand the role that factors such as pricing continue to play in every traveller’s booking journey, and how hotels can gain greater success online
- Be among the first in the world to preview the latest evolution in SiteMinder’s platform, which levels the playing field for hotels once more
"Revenue beyond 2020 answers three critical questions for the next decade that will be at the center of identifying new revenue opportunities for hospitality:"
- What are hospitality leaders telling us about the future of distribution?
- Will mid-sized hotels continue to drive growth in the coming decade?
- Will revenue managers be able to overcome the information overload?
Mark Haywood, Senior Vice President, Head of Europe, RateGain
- Introducing ALICE: what is a hotel operations platform?
- How an operations platform lets you see any micro-moment of a guest or staff interaction
- Operations data highlights guest service and operational trends at a macro level
- Access to tangible data (daily, weekly, monthly, annually), gives hoteliers actionable insight to improve guest service and a hotel´s bottom line
Colin Barnett, Senior Regional Sales Director for EMEA, ALICE
- Every day 3 start-ups tell about themselves
- strengths, weaknesses, personal learnings and challenges
- On Stage: CheckIn, Mindsay and Questo
Dirk Rogl, Advisor, Strategic Communicator, Rogl Consult
- Socialbnb connects tourists with social and ecological aid organizations (NGOs) around the world. In this way, the Start Up opens up a completely new group of people for tourism: What challenges arise in the cooperation with aid organizations? How can we created a tourism from which all sides benefit? How can the local population be better integrated, so that tourism is not seen as a necessary evil but as an opportunity.
- The origin of the idea of Socialbnb - How the construction of a small school in Cambodia became a worldwide tourism platform.
- Sustainability is also important in the tourism industry: How to deal with this trend? What does sustainability actually mean for a tourist? What can sustainable tourism look like?
- What role does a local and authentic experience play for young travelers and how can this target group best be reached?
- Electric scooters became legal in Germany in 2019. Tourists adopted them quickly, how will this change sightseeing in the coming years?
- Autonomous vehicles such as self driving cars - when are they coming and what will this mean for vehicle based sightseeing
- A look at early autonomous sightseeing vehicle designs, including those operating today or at concept stage
- Feedback from early customer experience trials. Will customers want these new vehicles?
Alex Bainbridge, CEO & CTO, Autoura
- Coping with visitor masses - pilot systems vs. laissez-faire
- Data transparency vs. smart data personalization
- Do tour operators and destinations need an ethical policy?
- How to sync the technically feasible with the morally desirable
- TikTok is the trend platform of the year for many and is considered the latest must-have app. No wonder: 5.5 million Germans already use TikTok every month and they spend about 50 minutes a day in the app.
- So is it worthwhile for tourism marketers to take a closer look at TikTok? We show how tourism players can use TikTok in their marketing mix.
- Find out by means of case studies which possibilities the app offers to reach more than Generation Z and to build up a close customer relationship.
Ulrike Katz, Managing Director, justZARGEScommunicate!
- Hands-on experience from different parts of the world
- peer-reviewed pros and cons for successful ventures
- newcomers and investors share their expectations
- Followed by an open Q & A Session and a networking event sponsored by Travelport> Start-ups welcome!
Alexander Trieb , General Partner, ennea capital partners GmbH
Dr. Thomas Bodmer, CEO, Co-founder, Next Floor
Brian Marrinan, Co-Pilot, Propeller Shannon
Laurent Queige, Director, Welcome City Lab
Tim Schwichtenberg, Senior Investment Analyst, Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures GmbH
Beat Blaser, Managing Partner & Co-Founder, Falkensteiner Ventures AG
- Short lecture about intelligent personal assistants and their importance for tourism. What can the language assistants do and what not (yet)? How reliable and helpful is the communication in human language with the disruptive software
- The hot seat: Sleeping with the Enemy Those who voluntarily bug their homes and offices give up all privacy. Or is this fear of Alexa, Cortana, Siri & Co. exaggerated? We talk turkey
Gerd Otto-Rieke, ITB eTravel-Team
Speaker and Interview Guest:
Ralf Eggert, CEO, Travello GmbH
- Friction is one of the biggest threat to businesses today as consumer expectations continue to rise with the pace of technology
- Danger of frictional losses is increasing, as the customer journey is often very fragmented
- Learn from Facebook about their vision of a Zero Friction future and how consumers engage with travel brands on their platforms
Jan Starcke, Travel Industry Lead, Facebook