MEDICAL WELLNESS AND MEDICAL TOURISM AS A PART OF THE TRAVELTRADE INDUSTRY AND ITS IMPLICATION
March 6, 2020
16:00 - 16:30
- Medical tourism has become a strong and successful industry worldwide over the past 20 years, with both: losers and winners in the future.
- It’s important not only to use the term as a marketing tool, you need a very high quality standard. The guest /health tourist always has the opportunity to choose a different destination, so he should be considered as a regular guest.
- To share the stay in a clinic can be compared with a hotel stay, or the clinic should, in order to survive internationally, can also be run and equipped as a hotel.
- It’s important to have a close cooperation between the clinics, the service facilities and the facilitators, as well as the USP (unique selling point) of the facility.
- The business model for international patient tourism is very important in advance, not every country pays a referral fee.
Lutz Lungwitz, President, German Medical Wellness Association