Expedition Cruises: Tourism In Fragile Ecosystems
March 4, 2020
13:00 - 13:45
CityCube Berlin, Hall A1
- Expedition cruises: a fast and rapidly growing market segment.
- Uniqueness, authenticity and luxury on board of small high-tech ships at an ultra-exclusive level of comfort in remote regions of the world.
- What are the operational and logistical challenges in remote regions of the world?
- How do shipping companies deal with the ecological challenges?
- How can expedition cruises be made environmentally friendly and how can luxury and sustainability be reconciled?
- Above all, will the announced armada of new ships lead to overtourism in the Arctic and Antarctic as well?
Thomas P. Illes, Owner & CEO, thilles consulting GmbH, Cruise Analyst, University Lecturer and Journalist
Ove Dimmen, Sales Manager, Ulstein Verft
Nicolas Dubreuil, Polar & Tropical Expedition Expert, Director of Sustainability & Expedition Cruises, Ponant
Mike Louagie, Freelance Cruise & Ferry Photographer/Writer/Consultant
Robin West, Vice President of Expedition Operations & Planning, Seabourn